THE AIM OF TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY
- To provide the development of physics and sciences related to physics and led to spread within the country.
- To make a significant contribution to this field, which is an essential element of the overall culture and technology, make this field benefical for public by using modern scientific methods at the educational institutions at all levels.
- To promote physics and Turkish physicists about research, evaluate and deal of the country’s technological and economic development
- To provide professional solidarity among those who have studied in physics.
To ensure the achievement of these aims the society;
- Organizes conference, seminar and summer schools or support organizations in order to improve implementation and teaching of physics.
- Supports scientific meetings that held in regular or organizations in order to examine developments in specific fields of physic and to reveal contributions to physics.
- Publishes magazines about physical education related programs, implementations and evaluation physics methods at all levels; develops practical study guides and course materials used in teaching science and also for these production it enters into cooperation with public organizations and private organizations.
- Gives scholarships to talented young people who studied Physics and gives prizes to research assistants and instructors who make contrubution to physics researches and teaching.
- Cooperates with international organizations after obtaining permission from the relevant national authorities which was established or to be established. It can be a member of foundation that works in line with these aims or makes contribution to them.
In addition, it informs public about the personal rights of members and the fundamental problems of the country, gives advices and provide a substructure for settlementing democracy in our country as a non-governmental organization with all the rules.
It is a reality that, to take its place among modern and developed countries, our country has to give importance to science and scientific works. With this consciousness, our society working at the highest level to represent our country in the international scientific world. For this purpose, it is trying to carry out joint projects with the Balkan Physical Union (BPU) in neighbors around us and in Europe with the European Physical Society (EPS).
Our Society that gives special attention to physics researches and activities at Balkan countries, believes that physicist who are in politically important position in the country, can create a bridge in order to establish strong relationships between these countries by means of science.